7 Tips for Networking in Business
One of the most important things for any entrepreneur is to network. You know the old saying
"your network is your networth" is so true. You can not get far with your business if you stay in your bubble. The best thing you can do for yourself and your business is to get out and meet other people who are also in business.
1. Join your local Chamber of Commerce - this is an effective way to meet other businesses in your county, city and state. Find a local branch and get a list of events. Attend!
2. Need a little guidance? Want a mentor in your specific niche? If you find a local SCORE branch this could be one of the most valuable assets to your business and to your life. SCORE helps pair current and previous business owners to aid in mentoring. Tons of events are held monthly and yearly, depending on the branch. SCORE is an essential tool for networking in business.
3. Take a class. Yes! One of the easiest ways to network is to meet people who are all learning something together. Community colleges all across the US not only have college courses but Adult courses and they change depending on the season. Check them out locally.
4. Social media chats. Did you know you can actually network online while chatting with strangers? Of course! Every opportunity is a chance to network and learn something or better yet promote yourself. Social media chats are niche based and can be found with chat at the end of the hashtag ie. #(businesschat
5. Volunteering is one of the most old fashioned ways to get out there and meet folks. Volunteering brings out the best in people and is a great way to make solid connections.
6. Alumni Events are always a great way to meet old friends and even make new ones. Connections in this arena typically are pretty solid are are great for networking in business.
7. Niche conferences help with bringing people from all over the world together. From gun shows to tech conferences you never know who you will meet. Get your business cards ready and speak to every and anyone you can. Take advantage of the opportunity!